Flexible Multipurpose HTML5 Template
Texans Standing Tall
Deploying a Multi-Component Strategy to Reduce Youth Access to Alcohol
• Understand approaches to reducing underage drinking parties.
• Discover your local conditions.
• Build synergy among your local initiatives.
• Engage youth in your strategies.
• Learn how one Texas community is working to hold social hosts accountable.
Alcohol is the substance of choice among young Texans and they are primarily getting it in social settings, often including from friends at home parties. Awareness campaigns, party pledge programs, party dispersal, and social host ordinances can individually contribute to reducing underage drinking. However, to effectively reduce underage social access to alcohol and create adult accountability, communities need to deploy a comprehensive multi-component initiative.
Please join Texans Standing Tall as we welcome Michael Sparks, alcohol policy specialist and President of SparksInitatives, and Vanessa Ayala, local coalition leader, for this informational and interactive webinar on the use of social host ordinances. We will discuss ways to mobilize community members to address underage drinking problems, specifically social access.